Vietnam Immigration News

Questions and Answers

Question 1:I would like to inquire about the regulations on foreigners’ entry into Vietnam to work for less than 14 days, do they need to undergo quarantine?

Answer: At the moment, for Covid-19 prevention and control, the Government of Vietnam only allows entry of foreigners who are investors, experts, high-skilled workers, business managers. They must comply with quarantine measures. If the above-mentioned foreigners  need to enter Vietnam at this period, they need to contact the agencies, organizations in Vietnam, in which they are going to work, to carry out visa procedures in accordance with the regulations.

Vietnam Immigration Department will consider issuing visas after the provincial or municipal People’s Committee approves the entry of the above-mentioned foreigners on the request of the agencies, organisations in Vietnam.

Quarantine for foreigners entering Vietnam for under 14 days must comply with the guidance attached in the Document 4674/BYT-MT dated August 31st, 2020 of the Ministry of Health.

Question 2:I am an exchange student in Finland. I would like to inquire about repartriation flights organized by the Vietnamese Government?

Answer: According to Article 33, 34 of the Law on exit and entry of Vietnamese citizens, Vietnamese citizens are allowed to exit or enter Vietnam when their passports and travel documents are intact and valid and have visas for foreign countries, and they are not subject to exit suspension and exit prohibition.

At the moment, because of the Covid-19 pandemic, Vietnamese citizens abroad who want to return Vietnam should contact the Vietnamese representative missions in the foreign countries, the Consular Department - Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Civil Aviation Authority - Ministry of Transport for guidance to register for the flight to return home.

Question 3:My husband and I are overseas Vietnamese with Swedish nationality, entered Vietnam with a visa exemption certificate. The duration of stay will expire in October. Due to Covid-19 pandemic, we can not leave Vietnam. What should we do to extend our stay?

Answer: A foreigner who enters Vietnam with visa exemption certificate has temporarily resided for 1 year from the date of entry wishes to continue to stay, please request the sponsor to prepare a visa application and visa extension form as prescribed and submit them at the Vietnam Immigration Department or the local Immigration Office where the foreigner is residing.

Question 4: I am the head of the press office of the Russian Federation in Hanoi. I am currently granted a PV1 visa valid from 26/8/2020 to 18/8/2021, which is renewed each year in accordance with the provisions of Vietnamese law. I have researched the Law on Immigration of Vietnam but could not find the information needed. I want to know if I could get a temporary residence card valid for two years or valid until the visa expiration date?

Answer:According to the provisions of point b, Clause 1, and Clause 2, Article 36, the Law amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Law on entry, exit, transit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam: Foreigners entering with LV1, LV2, LS, ĐT1, ĐT2, ĐT3, NN1, NN2, DH, PV1, LĐ1, LĐ2 and TT visas are considered for granting temporary residence cards with symbols LĐ1, LĐ2 and PV1 valid for no more than 02 years. Thus, you may be considered for a PV1 temporary residence card for a maximum of 2 years. You need to contact the Press and Information Department - the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, inviting agency to fulfil procedures sponsoring.

Question 5: Because my passport has been sent to the Embassy of a third country to apply for a visa, my Vietnam visa is already expired. I want to know the amount of the foreigner’s administrative fines at the airport upon exit?

Answer:Administrative fines on foreigners’ entry, exit, transit, residence are prescribed in Article 17, Decree No.167/2013/NĐ-CP of November 12, 2013. According to Article 27 of Law on foreigners’ entry into, exit from, transit through and residence in Vietnam: A foreigner may exit Vietnam if fully meeting the following conditions: Having a passport or an international travel document; Having a valid temporary residence certification, temporary residence card, permanent residence card; not falling into cases of suspension from exit. So that the foreigners who overstay Vietnam visa must present themselves at Vietnam Immigration Department for solving violations and extending temporary residence before their departure. Please visit Vietnam Immigration Department (Hanoi: 44 Tran Phu Street, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi; Ho Chi Minh: 333-335-337 Nguyen Trai Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh city) for further information or assistance.


Related news